MBC Membership Covenant
We at Megumi Bible Church believe in the importance and seriousness of church membership. Below are some questions that a membership candidate must seriously consider with regards to being a faithful and responsible member of a local church.
With the aid of the Holy Spirit:
- Will you be diligent to exercise self-control so that your lifestyle exhibits both true Christian love and personal holiness?
- Will you faithfully assemble with this body of believers, striving to maintain unity, and doing all you can to stimulate love and good deeds in others as you seek to exercise your spiritual gifts in faithful service?
- Will you consistently contribute, as a good steward of God’s blessings, such time, talent, and resources, in the measure that God prospers you, so that our local and worldwide ministry of spreading the gospel may continue?
- Will you teach biblical truth to your family and acquaintances, as God gives you opportunity, with a desire to see them come to trust Jesus Christ and be saved?
- Will you always be willing to both give and receive admonition and instruction with meekness and in love?
- Will you commit to praying for the ministry here in this church, your brothers and sisters in Christ, the elders, pastors, and deacons; and for the lost who need the Savior?
Since we have been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to give ourselves up to Him, and since we have been baptized upon our profession of faith in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, while relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully renew our covenant with each other.
We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
We will walk together in brotherly love, as is appropriate for the members of a Christian Church; exercise an affectionate care and watchfulness over each other and faithfully admonish and exhort one another as occasion may require.
We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, nor neglect to pray for ourselves and others.
We will endeavor to bring up such as may at any time be under our care, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family and friends.
We will rejoice at each other’s happiness and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
We will seek, by God’s enabling grace, to live carefully in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lust, and remembering that because we have been crucified with Christ and raised to newness of life in Him, there is now upon us a special responsibility to lead a new and holy life.
We will work together for the continuance of a faithful evangelical ministry in the church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines.
We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
We will, if we should leave this church, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.